ADVERTISEMENT NOTICE INVITING APPLICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHANCELLOR,UNIVERSITY OF KASHMIR , HAZRATBAL SRINAGAR, J&K
The University of Kashmir, an autonomous State University founded in the year 1948, has been re-accredited as Grade-A+ University by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) of India with a CGPA of 3.31 and has NIRF ranking of 48. The campus of the University is around 10 Kms away from the main city Centre, Lal Chowk, which is hub of all the commercial activities. The University Campus is flanked by the world famous Dal Lake at Hazratbal on its eastern side and Nigeen Lake on the western side. It has 14 faculties and around 200 constituent/ affiliated colleges. The University besides having a sprawling Main Campus at Srinagar has established Satellite Campuses at Anantnag (South Campus), Baramulla (North Campus), Kupwara and Zakura (Srinagar).
|Remain Updated with latest Job Notifications, Like the Facebook Page below and get notified when new jobs are published|
The University is currently in the process of appointing the new Vice-Chancellor for the University who will be the Principal Executive and Academic Officer of the University. Consequent upon the constitution of the Search Committee for the appointment of Vice-Chancellor for the University of Kashmir, applications are invited from eligible distinguished academicians with the following credentials for the consideration of the Search Committee:
- A person possessing high level of academic credentials, administrative competence, integrity, morals and institutional commitment.
- A distinguished academician, with a minimum of 10 years of experience as Professor in a University or ten years of experience in a reputed research and/ or academic administrative organization with proof of having demonstrated academic leadership.
- Not more than 65 years of age as on the closing date of receipt of applications as indicated in the advertisement.
Salary and Service Conditions
- The post carries a pay of Rs. Rs.2,10,000/- (fixed) per month with other usual allowances.
- The terms and conditions of the services will be those as prescribed in the Act, Statues and Regulations of the University amended from time to time.
Procedure for appointment
- Appointment will be made from a panel of names recommended by a Search Committee constituted under the provisions of the “Kashmir and Jammu Universities Act, 1969 (amended from time to time)”.
- Applications are to be submitted online on the University of Kashmir web portal https://www.kashmiruniversity.net/recruitment alongwith the detailed resume, latest photograph and a signed/self-attested undertaking in the requisite format on or before 31st January, 2022 by 05:00 PM. The submission of online applications shall commence from 3rd January 2022.
- No physical copy of the application shall be accepted.
Last Date to Apply: 31/01/2022