Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board has advertised various Posts via Notifications 01, 02, 03, 04 and 05 of 2019. Syllabus for the Post of Junior Staff Nurse is given as Under:
- GENERAL HUMAN BIOLOGY & DISEASES
- HUMAN BIOLOGY & DISEASE
- Infectious Diseases : General account, causes and control, immunity and
b) Diseases of man
(Definition of Disease, different type of pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and virus like organisms, fungl, helminths, protozoa), sources of Infections, Infection and contagious economic importance of diseases, methods of prevention and biology control.
- Introduction : Micoroscopic structure of lissues and organs of a manual lissue-Connective lissues, epithelium, cartilage, bone, blood, muscular lissue and nervous lissue.
- Basic knowledge of
- Organs : Stomach, small intestine, liver pancereas lungs, spleen, kidney, skin, testis and
- Functional anatomy and physiology of the digestive system, Respiratory System, Circulatory System (with reference to immunity) Nervous System with special reference to transmission of the nerve impulse, sense organ, functions of muscles, Reproductive System, Endocrine
- Basic Pathology as applicable to above
- CELLBIOLOGY & GENETICS INTRODUCTION:
Cell theory, cell as a unit of life. Tools and techniques of cell studies, Microscopy (Use of Microscope and Calibration), elements of microscopic techniques histo and cytochemistry, Electron microscope.
Elementary Knowledge of principles of X-ray definition. Instruments and diffraction paltern.
Molecular building in cellular system simple to complex macromolecules, structure and properties, Biomembrance-Transport mechanism, cellular respiration cell organelles structure and their functions. Enzymes, Vitamins and Hormones their functions chemical and physical structure, mode of action. Role of regulation of cellular activities.
Nucleus, Chromosomes, DNA structure including events in replication and Transcription, genetic code, translation and protein synthesis and details of neiosis, gene interaction, linkage and crossing over, mutation, elaboration of Mendel’s laws of inheritance, elementary concepts of quatitive inheritance human genetics, sex linked inheritance, genetics and society.
Ø ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY OF EYE
ü ANATOMY OF THE EYE
- Muscles of
- Conjuctiva, comea, sclera,
- Ciliary body, choroid and
- Lens, vitreous and optic
- Circulation of the
- Orbit its relations and vascular
- Lacrimal & lid
- Visual Pathway.
- Cranial Nerves II, III
- Cranial Nerves IV, V, VI &
- Pituitary Gland and Caverous
- Parasympathetic, sympathetic nerves in relation to
ü PHYSIOLOGY OF THE EYE
- Eye lid, lacrimal gland and lid
- Functions of the eye ball and its
- Convergence and accommodation (Pathway)
- Convergence and accommodation (Theory & Mechanism)
- Visual Pathways and
- Light sense, colour sense and night
- Form sense, visual acuity and
- Unilocular and binocular
- Eye movements (conjugate and Disconjugate) and laws governing
Ø PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, PHARMACOLOGY & PATHOLOGY
- RELATED TO EYE
- Measurements : Concept of length and time, Covnersation of some practical units. Equations of mechanicals quantity, area, volume, velocity, acceleration, momenutum, force moment, energy and work (Their definition).
- Wave Motion : Simple Harmonic motion, waves and wave propagation, wave motion (including phase). Reflection, Dispersion, Polarization. Interference and differaction
- Condensed State : nature of liquids, surface tension,
- Electricity : Moving charges, electric current, thermal effect. Jourle’s law, galvano meter, cyclotron (Basics)
- Electromangetic Induction : Lenz’s law, Eddy currents, Faraday’s laws of electro magnetic induction, elementary ideas of electro magnetic wages, rotating coil in a magnetic fields, alternating current, transformers, long distance transimission meters, phase relationship between voltage and current etc.
- Periodicity : Periodic law and periodic
- Chemical handling and Molecular Shape : Concept of orbital overlap in bond formation, hydridization and long electron pair repulsion concept or resonance bond energy and bond length, properties of convalent compounds in relation to electro negativity. Shape of the simple moelecules, co ordinate bond formation with a few examples. Lonic bounds & definition, factor inlluencing the formation of lonic bond, general properties of ionic compounds, metallic bond, an explanation for properties of metals. Hydrogen bonding
- State of Matter : Discuss in terms of order and kinetic energy, properties of gas, liquids& elementary introduction to solid
- Energetics, Energy Changes Chemical Reactions : Exothermic and Endothemic reactions, solutions, fusions, vaporization and sublimation, Ness’s Law, Calori values of food and
- Chemical Equilibrium : Law of mass action and its application to chemical equilibrium, Le Chaterlier Braun principle, factors, Ionic equilibrium aquecus solution products, common lon effect. Modern concept of acid and acid base equilibrium, hydrolysis of salt, buffer solution
- Electro-Chemistry (Basic) : Electrolysis, Farady’s and calculation based on them. Application of electrolysis to electroplating and electro chemical preparation, Electrolytic
- General Treatment of a block elements : General trends of properties of the elements boron family, important minerals of boron, borax and orthoboric acid test, boron nitrates and boron, hydrides (only an elementary idea to show as an electron deficient molecule). Aluminium Its minerals, extraction, properties an uses. Some important compounds like alumina, aluminium and alums and alloys. (Especially boron, borox, aluminium group, including alums, carbon and nitrogen family).
- The Carbon Family : General trends in properties, important mineral of tin and lead, various compounds, alloys of tin and
- The Nitrogen Family : General trends in properties of the family, important mine of phosphorus, ammonia, its manufacture, oxide and oxy-acids of nitrogen and Uses of metaphosphate, super phosphates and chemical fertilizers.
- Organic chemistry as chemistry of carbon compounds hydrocarbons, simplest organic compounds types of hydrocarbons, homologour
- Physical properties to be based on nature of Size and nature of the carbon chain and the general non-plar character.
- Chemical Properties : Combustion and controlled oxidation : Free halogenations and cracking in alkanes, Catatylic hydrogenation and electro philic addition in alkanes and alkynes. Markwnikoff’s
- Some simple transformations in benzene and aliphatic compounds
- Sources of hydrocarbons : Petroleum and coal for treatment from industrialpoint of
- Galvanic Cells and cell potential I, electrochemical
- Basic Phamacology, Pharmacy
- Local anaesthetics, analgesics
- Sedative and tranquilizers
- Mydratics and
- Chemotheapy agents including antibiotic.
ü PATHOLOGY TELATED TO EYE
- Common eye
- Diseases of Eye
- Diseases of
- Diseases of
- Diseases of
- Diseases of conjunctiva
- Diseases of
- Injuries of the
Ø OPTICS INCLUDING MECHANICAL OPTICS
- Huygens construction (geometrical ). Young’s double slit experiments (idia of path difference). Loyd’s Morror, colour of the films (qualitative), single slit, diffraction, applications of lesser beams, spectrometer, production of different types of spectraline, continuous and
- Nomenciature of prisins and their
- Ophthalmic glass and physical for of lenses of ophthalmic
- Transmission density and opacity of a refracting glass and glass coating
- Cylindrical lenses, stum’s
- Aberration of
- Principle of fabricating various types of special
- Ophthalmic plastic lens.
- Refractive media of eye and principles of visual
- Corneal system and lenticular
- Reduced eye and images formation including gauss
- Aberration of
- Principles, mathematical deviation and utility of Punkinie
- Accomodation and
- Optical defects in genesis of refractive arrears (Presbyopia, Aphakia and principles of their treatment with lens).
- Instruments concerning opthatmic glass
- Physiological basis of visual acuity and retinal images
- Human eye and
- Effects of lens of the retinal
- Field of view and
- Retinoscopy & its
ü MECHANICAL OPTICS
- Power of
- Transposition of spectable lenses, shapes and
- Grinding Machines
- Tools and gauge and their
- Bifocals and
- Oblique cylinders.
- Special lenses-Miscellaneous lenses &
- Speciality lenses:
Ø MAINTANCE OF EQUIPMENT & INSTRUMENTS, ROUTINE& SPECIAL EYE INVESTIGATIONS & RELATED SURGICAL PROCEDURES
ü MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMNETS & INSTRUMENTS
- Understanding of ophthalmic
- Optical equipments: Ophthalmoscope, slit lamps keratomcters Torches etc.
- Maintenance of Surgical
- Microscope (laboratory) 7 eye bank
- Trial sets.
ü ROUTINE OPTHALMIC INVESTIGATION
- Conjunctival Swab & smear taking for cytology &
- Syringing and lacrimal function
- Various instruments, their
- Measurement of spectacle lense, power of
- Fluorescein staining and
ü SPECIAL OPTHALMIC INVESTIGATIONS
- Burrnan’s Locater.
- Fluorescse in
- Oculo- Nystagmography
- Ocular Photography anterior
- Gonioscopy and 3 mirror C.L
ü ORTHOPTICS, PLEOPTICS AND MUSCULAR IMBLANCE
- Normal Binocular
- Grades of binocular
- Fusion and stabismus stereopis (SMP).
- Etiology of
§ Methods of examination of strabismus.
- Visual acuity.
§ Ocular Movement and their testing.
- Measurement of angle of squint
- Testing of Binocular functions
- Clinical picture
§ Pheria (Cent.)
- Cyclophoria & Hyphoria
§ Abnormalities of Monocular Vision
- Confussion Supression
§ Abnormal Retinal Correspondance
Methods of detection of A.R.C. with their relatives importance of A.R.C. (Conti.)
- C./A. Ration
- Its importance
- Methods of testing
Concomitant Squint (accommodative)
- Special investigations
§ Treatemt of Accommodative Squint
- Non – Accomodative Squint
§ Divergent Squint
§ Vertical Squint
§ Primary Vertical
- Secondary Vertical
- Differential Diagnosis of Primary and secondary
§ Alternating Circumducdtion
- Clinical Picture
- Investigation & Management
§ Torsional Squints
- Clinical Picture & Management
- Defection& treatment
- Management with occasional therapy after images
- Usage of after images in the treatement of Amoblyopia and pleoptic therapy
- Haldinger brushes
- Bangerter methos of pleoptic therapy
- Indication of Orthoptic and surgical treatment
- Latent strabismus
- Manifest Stabisumus
- Post-operative Othoptic
ü INTRODUCTION TO TECHNIQUES AND PREPARATION OF THE PATIENT
- Asepris-How to achieve?
- Anaesthetic agents and where
- Cauterisation of
- Spilation and
- Bandging of
- Taking samples for conjunctival and culture
Ø NUTRITION, INDUSTRIAL INCLUDING HILOLOGY, STATISTICS & COMMUNITY WELFAARE
ü Indusstrial Hazards & Their Protection Hilology, Statistics & Nutrition
- Concept, Importance, classification food, dietry requirements ( in context with eye, ) balanced Dieet, Community Nutrition, Nutritional education : definition, scope, principles
- Nutrition and Eye
- Introduction, Concurrence, methods of cultivation of important crop plants and related diseases.
ü STATISTICS AND CLAULUS
- Statistics & Probability
- Population and sample
- Measures of central lendency and
- Point and interval estimation ( of mean only)
- Scatter diagrams and a Pearson Correlation co-efficient) probality:
- Random experiments and sample space.
- Probility on a
- Conditional probility, multiplication
- Random variables ( disscsrete), Binomial and poisson probility distr
- Expected value ( Mean) and variance. Calculations for probability
Fundamental principles and basic knowledge.
- VISIONAIDS, CONTACAT LENS & PROTECTIVE GALSSES
- Contact lens basic
- Manufacturing principles and low vision
- Causes of visual impairment and
- Classification of low vision aids and special optical features of groups and child mode
- Introduction to visual
- Visual requirement in
- Prevention of industrial injury and special services to aid
- First Aid to eye
o Entrepreneurship: Introduction to entrepreneurship meaning, importance and persons qualities needed, scope, employment opportunities, Introduction to small business, production Marketing, managerial and financial, selection of business and preparation of Project Report. Financing Agencies, Financial facilities how and where to get procedural details in starting a new industry, investment, decision, market study, production, planning and scheduling budgeting, man power planning.
- COMMUNITY WELFARE
- Eye Screening Programmes, (with special emphasis on National Blindness Control Programme), School Clinics and
- Functioning of Mobile Eye Health Units including eye camps and practical participation in the
- Determination of refractive errors and prescription of glasses.
- Blind and its problems and rehabilitation for the
- Health Education in the field of eye
- Medical Secretarial
- Drafting and
- Records Maintenance
[button color=”orange” size=”medium” link=”https://www.aeiro.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3_22_2019.pdf” icon=”fa-file-pdf-” target=”true”]Click Here to Download the Syllabus in PDF[/button]