Previously, we have shared 300 Most expected questions of Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board Examination. We recommend to check out these too here:
- 100 Most Expected Questions of JKSSB : Tourist and Historical Places of J&K
- 100 Most Expected Questions of JKSSB : General Knowledge about J&K
- 100 Most Expected Questions of JKSSB : Computer Science
The following 100 Questions will feature:
1) 55 Questions on Power Projects of J&K.
2) 45 Questions on Constitution of J&K
(I) Expected Questions on Power Projects of J&K
This topic has its special place in the J&K General Knowledge section and every year 3-4 questions are asked from this topics. 2 Types of Questions are asked from this section
1) Installed Capacity of various Power Projects of J&K
2) Rivers associated with Power Projects
3) Location of Power Projects.
001) The Total Installed Capacity of Jammu and Kashmir in term of Power Generation is?
002) Which of the following countries is associated with Indus Water Treaty?
003) From which year the village electrification programme was made a part of Prime Minister’s Gramodaya Yojana?
004) Which of the organizations, act as a Nodal agency for the development of small hydro power potential in the state of J&K
005) The 120 MW Hydro Power Project SEWA-II of NHPC in the basholi belt of J&K is located on which of the following rivers?
006) Which of the projects have been handed over to NHPC for execution? Ans: i) URI HEP II
ii) Bursar II
iii) Sewa II HEP
Ans: i) URI HEP II
007) Which treaty prohibits reservoir storage of water on major rivers of Jammu and Kashmir?
008) Which of the Projects does not fall under Chenab basin ?
009) Iqbal Hydroelectric Project is located on which river?
010) When was the Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Limited is corporate?
011) The Hydroelectricity in Jammu and Kashmir is not being fully harnessed due to which of the following reasons
Ans (a) Long gestation periods for hydro power projects
(b) Skewed Tariff Profile
(c ) Unavailability of Reliable Hydrological data.
Ans (a) Long gestation periods for hydro power projects
012) “Kiru” Power project and “Kawar” Power project which has the capacity of 600 WM and 520 MW respectively has been taken by which of the following corporations?
013) Which of the following statements is/are correct about Jammu and Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Limited?
a) It plan, promote and organize an integrated and efficient development of power and all its aspects
b) Investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary feasibility and detailed project reports.
c) Construction of Transmission lines and ancillary works for timely and coordinated supply of power
d) All the Above
014) Consider the Following statements
(I) Jammu and Kashmir is one of the energy starved states of the country
(II) The state generates just 25% of the actual demand for electricity
Which of the following statements is/are true ?
(a) Only I
(b) Only II
(c) Both I and II
(d) None of the above.
015) Which of the following is a part of power projects of Jhleum Basin ?
016) Which centrally Government sponsored scheme provides for Rural Electrification in the state ?
017) J&K has abundant water resources and great potential for hydro power, estimated at over
018) Name Power Projects along the River basins Project
Name of Basin
River at Maska
019) Which sector has shown the highest increase in power consumption in the state?
020) When did the Jammu and Kashmir micro/mini hydro power projects came into Existence? URI-II: 240 MW
021) Villages in Ladakh are dependent on which of the following for its electricity needs?
022) Solar Energy can be used for which of the following purposes?
023) Salal Hydro Project is located on which river?
024) How much power is estimated to be generated from the geothermal energy?
025) The JKSPDCL is perusing the development of Geo-Thermal Project in Puga Valley in which of the following regions?
026) Which of the following are Non-Conventional sources of energy?
027) Solar energy has provisions as an income source for
028) What is the increased consumption of power in Industrial sector?
029) Puga valley in ladakh region is a potential source for
030) Solar Photovoltaic technology is the conversion of
031) Which is the First Hydro Electric Project of J&K
032) Which is currently the biggest Power Generation Project of J&K ?
033) What is the Installed capacity of Baglihar-I ?
034) Uri Dam is built on which river ?
035) Name the Power Projects Operational on Chenab River ?
036) What is the Installed capacity of Salal Hydro electric Project?
037) Where is Nimo Bazgo Power Project Installed ?
038) What is the Installed Capcity of URI-I and URI-II ?
URI-II: 240 MW
039) Where is Kishanganaga Power Project Located ?
040) Where is Pakal Dul Dam Projected?
041) Over which river Ratle Power Project is projected to be built?
042) What is Installed Capacity of Ratle Power Project?
043) What is the Installed capacity of Nimmo Bazgo Power Project?
044) Which company is working on the development of Nimmo Bazo Power Project?
045) Over which river Chutak Power Project is built ?
046) What is the Installed capacity of Chutak Power Project?
047) Where Dhumkar Dam is projected to be built?
048) What is proposed installed capacity of Dhumkar Dam?
049) Where in J&K, JKSPDSL has bult the First ever Gas Turbine?
050) In which year, JKSPDS was incorporated as Private Limited Company in J&K?
051) What is the estimated Hydro Potential of J&K in terms of power generation?
052) Over which river, Ranjit Sagar Dam Power Project is Built?
053) Where Stakna Hyrdo electric project is built ?
054) What is the installed capacity of URI-II?
055) In which district Kishanganga Power Project is located?
[button color=”green” size=”medium” link=”http://www.aeiro.com/100-most-expected-questions-of-jkssb-jammu-and-kashmir-constitution-and-power-projects/2″ icon=”fa-forward” target=”true”]Question #56 – 100[/button]