Government of Jammu and Kashmir
Services Selection Board
Sehkari Bhawan Rail Head Complex, Jammu
- It is for the information of all the candidates who have applied for the posts advertised vide Advertisement Notification No 05 of 2017, that the items /syllabi are as such being annexed herewith.
- The candidates are also intimated that there shall be negative marking for wrong answers (-0.25 for each wrong answer) attempted in the said examination.
- This advance notice is for the purpose of intimation to the concerned candidates only.
A. Management Executive/ Counsellor
Advertisement No. : 05/2017/01
Name of the Department : Labour and Employment department’s
Cadre : State
Total Posts : 05
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENT AFFAIRS WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO J&K (24 Marks)
- Abbrevations, Important dates, popular names of personalities and their achievements/Contribution (National and International).
- Constitution of J&K – Formation, Fundamental rights, Directive Principles.
- Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport.
- Important power projects and their impact on State Economy.
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Important Tourist Destinations.
- History of J&K State.
- Historical places of the State and their importance.
- RTI Act.
- Indus Water Treaty and its impact on State economy.
- Current Affairs related to Policies of Govt. of India
- Other events of National importance
English or Verbal Section (24 Marks)
Grammar, Para Completion and inference, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Logic, Parajumbles, Syllogisms, Contextual usage, Analogies, Different usage of same word, Antonyms, Jumbled Paragraphs, Sentence correction, Idioms and One word Substitution.
Analytical Reasoning Section (24 Marks)
Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Puzzles, Data Arrangement, Data Structures, Series CodingDecoding,
Clocks and Calenders, Family Tree, Venn Diagram, Syllogism, Proposition, Assumptions, Statements, Binary Logic and Sets.
Remain Updated with all the Notifications from JKSSB. Like the Facebook Page below:
Mathematics or Quantitative Section (24 Marks)
Geometry, Trigonometry Mensuration Ratios and Proportion, Number System, Work and Time, HCF & LCM, Algebra, Profit and Loss, In-equations Quadratic and Linear Equations, Geometric Progression, Percentages, Averages, Partnership (Accounts), Time-Speed-Distance, Surds and Indices, Inequalities and Logarithsms.
Data Interpretation Section (24 Marks)
Tables, Bars, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, Caselets and Data Sufficiency