Government of Jammu and Kashmir
Services Selection Board
Sehkari Bhawan Rail Head Complex, Jammu
- It is for the information of all the candidates who have applied for the posts advertised vide Advertisement Notification No 05 of 2017, that the items /syllabi are as such being annexed herewith.
- The candidates are also intimated that there shall be negative marking for wrong answers (-0.25 for each wrong answer) attempted in the said examination.
- This advance notice is for the purpose of intimation to the concerned candidates only.
Post:- Junior Employment Officer
Multiple Choice Based Written test
Reference Guidelines and Syllabus
120 Marks/120 Minutes
GENERAL ENGLISH (24 Marks)
- Rearranging of jumbled sentences.
- Comprehension with blanks to be filled in with
- Phrases, Pronouns, Homonyms / homophones.
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Pairs of words and their use in meaningful sentences.
- Idioms and phrases.
- Uses of Prepositions.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO J&K (24 Marks)
- Abbrevations, Important dates, popular names of personalities and their achievements/Contribution (National and International).
- Constitution of J&K – Formation, Fundamental rights, Directive Principles.
- Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport.
- Important power projects and their impact on State Economy.
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Important Tourist Destinations.
- History of J&K State.
- Historical places of the State and their importance.
- RTI Act.
- Indus Water Treaty and its impact on State economy.
Statistical Methods (24 Marks)
- Classification and Tabulation of Data
- Measures of central Tendency and Dispersion their relative merits and demerits.
- Theory of Probability
- Elementary Knowledge of Theoretical Distributions (Binomial, Poisson and Normal).
- Correlation and regression- Concept and definition and simple applications.
- Theory of Attributes- Basic concepts and their applications,
- Co-efficient and Association and Coefficient of Contingency.
- Hypothesis Testing- Chi Square Test & T-Test.
Principles of Business Management (24 Marks)
- Nature Scope and Significance of Management and Administration. The modern concept of Management.
- The process of Management
- Process of Control: Production Planning & Control, Quality Control, Inventory Control, Budgetary Control and Cost Control. PERT, CPM and GNATT Charts.
- Personnel Management : Definition, meaning and Scope, Performance appraisal, Evaluation and Monitoring, Human Resource Planning.
- Marketing Management : Definition, Meaning and Scope, Marketing Environment in India, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Strategies, Challenges of Marketing In India, Social Responsibilities & Marketing Ethics.
- Financial Management : Definition, meaning and Scope, , Financial Statement Analysis:, Income & Expenditure Statement, Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Ratio Analysis, Working Capital Analysis, Fund Flow Statement, Cash Flow Statement, Capital Budgeting/Financial Leverage, Price level Accounting, Cost of Capital & Capital Structure , Issue of Shares & Debentures, Dividend Policy, Bonus , Share Markets: Primary &
Secondary, Inventory & Receivable Management, Budgeting & Budgetary Control, Standard costing & Cost Sheets, Marginal Costing and Break Even Analysis, Differential Cost Analysis.
- Income Tax : Calculation of Income Tax-Salary
- Public Finance: Nature Scope and Importance of Public Finance.
- Registration of Companies- Memorandum of Associations, Articles of Associations, Mergers, Acquisition, Diversification, Expansion.
- Zero Based Budgeting & Performance Budgeting.
- Indian Financial System.
General Economics (24 Marks)
Remain Updated with all the Notifications from JKSSB. Like the Facebook Page below:
- Meaning, Scope and Methodology,
- Theory of consumers demand using indifference curve technique.
- Consumer Surplus-Basic concept & measurement.
- Theory of distribution:- Marginal productivity Theory, Ricardian Theory of Rent, Kenysian Theory of Interest.
- Pricing under various forms of Market.
- Theory of production:- Returns to Scale & Returns to Factor
- Factors of production& Production functions.
- Concept of Economic Growth and its measurement
- Characteristics and problems of developing economy- Demography and economic development.
- Rationale of Planning in Developing Countries.
- Poverty Concepts & Measurement.
- Unemployment- Concept & Measurement.
- Objectives & Strategies of Indian Planning.
- Problems of resource mobilization- Successes & Failures.
- Decentralization & Role of PRIs.
- Planning for Inclusive Growth & Development Schemes.
- Fiscal and Monetary Policy.
- Inflation & Deflation.
- Concepts of National Income.
- RBI and Developmental Banks.
- SEBI, Foreign Trade, Balance of Payments
- Deficit Financing.