Maximum Marks: 100
Semester Examination: 70
Internal Assessment: 30
- Introduction to computers, Advantages, Disadvantages and Applications of computers, Block diagram and working,
- Evolution(Generations) and classification of computers( Mini, Micro etc),
- Common I/O devices and their characteristics.
- Primary and secondary memory: RAM and ROM, Hard Disk, Magnetic Tape, Optical devices, Flash memories.
- Computer software: Classification and Types, Generations of computer languages.
- Operating System: Functions, types- Multiprogramming, Multiprocessing, Timesharing, Real time, Online and Batch Systems, Booting process.
- Windows environment basics:- Desktop, Common Start menu options.
- DBMS Basic Concepts: Entity, Attributes, Keys, Relationship, Association, Database, DBMS, Data Independence, Three Level Architecture, Functions, Advantages and Disadvantages of DBMS.
- Relational Algebra – Union, Difference, Intersection, Cartesian Product, Projection, Selection, Join, Division,
- Relational Data Base Design – Various Database Dependencies, Database Anomalies.
- Computer and communication networks, Evolution of computer networks, LAN, MAN, WAN, Network topologies , Modes of Data communication
- Wired Media of Data communication: STP, UTP, Coaxial, Fiber optic wires.
- Wireless Medium Technologies: VSAT, Microwaves, Bluetooth, WIFI
- Internet Basics: ISP, Web server, Web Browser, Domain names, Email, Mail server, search engine, web portal, other internet common terms
- Microsoft Word-File Handling, File Creation Retrieval, Saving & Printing, Edit Commands. Formatting- Paragraphs, Documents, Headers, Footers. Working with Tables. Inserting Graphics & Text Boxes, Advanced Functions- Mail Merge, Macro.
- Microsoft Excel- Creation of Spread Sheet Applications Using Worksheets & Work Books. Data Entry-Formatting, Editing, In built Functions, Working with GraphicsDesigning Charts, Graphs using Spread Sheets.
- Introduction to Power point
1. Introduction to Information Technology, ITL education solutions, Pearson.
2. Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow by Morley and Parker, Cengage
3. Introduction to Computer science, ITL education solutions, Pearson.
4. MS-Office 2007, step by step, Pearson.
Download PDF :