Advertisement for UT Cadre posts of Public Works (R&B) Department under the provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services- Decentralization and Recruitment Act, 2010 and Rules made thereunder, read with other relevant rules governing the subject.
Indents received from Public Works (R&B) Department per the details given below:
|Sr. No.||Reference of Indent||Indenting
a) Date of Commencement for submission of Online Applications: 21.11.2022.
b) Last Date for submission of Online Applications: 20.12.2022.
The J&K Services Selection Board invites online application forms from eligible candidates for participation in the selection process for UT Cadre posts as contained in Annexure “A” to this Notification. The detailed Terms and Conditions with regard to eligibility, educational qualification, domicile, reservation etc. are as under:
APPOINTMENT OF THE CANDIDATES:
- The Appointment and other service conditions in respect of the candidate selected through this selection process, shall be governed in terms of extant rules/regulations.
- The Reservation for the posts under this Advertisement Notification shall be applicable in accordance with the provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Reservation Rules, 2005, notified vide SRO 294 of 2005 dated 21.10.2005, read with S.O. 127 of 2020 dated 20.04.2020 and as amended from time to time.
The candidate should be a Domicile of the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir as defined in terms of the Notifications issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India vide S.O. 1229 (E) dated 31.03.2020 and S.O. 1245(E) dated 03.04.2020, read with Notification issued by the General Administration Department, Government of Jammu and Kashmir vide S.O. 166 dated 18.05.2020 and as amended from to time.
The candidate must possess Domicile Certificate issued by the Competent Authority on the format prescribed for the purpose, on or before the last date of submission of online application form.
The details of posts advertised are given in Annexure “A” to this Notification. However, the number of posts can undergo increase or decrease without any notice before the completion of selection process, if so communicated by the concerned Indenting Department.
AGE LIMIT: (as on 01.01.2022)
The requirement of age for Open Merit & various Reserved Categories Candidates is as follows:
|S No.||Category||Age Limit in Years||Not Born before||Not born
|(xi)||Every Ex-Servicemen having served in the Armed Forces shall be
allowed to deduct the period of such Service from his Actual Age and
if the Resultant Age does not exceed the maximum age limit
prescribed for the post by more than 3 years, he shall be deemed to
satisfy the condition regarding Age Limit.
- As per the Indents received from the Indenting Department, the qualification prescribed for the posts advertised are shown in Annexure “A” to this Advertisement Notification.
- The candidates who are declared qualified by the Board for Document Verification will be required to produce relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates, for completion of 03 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from Government recognized institute/Indian university degree in civil engineering or AMIE Section (A&B) INDIA/ 3-years diploma in Mechanical Engineering from
Government recognized institute/Indian university degree in Mechanical engineering or AMIE Section (A&B) INDIA./Indian University degree/ 03 years diploma from Government recognized institute in aeronautical/automobile production engineering in original as proof of having acquired the prescribed educational qualification on or before the cutoff date fixed for filling online application form, failing which the candidature of such candidates shall be cancelled by the Board. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date i.e. 20.12.2022 and he/she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
- Candidates may note that their candidature will remain provisional till the genuineness of their documents relating to educational qualification is verified by the Appointing Authority.
- In case of candidates claiming possession of equivalent educational qualification (where it is applicable/required), it shall be mandatory to produce relevant Equivalence Certificate or seek equivalence from the concerned competent authorities as and when required by the However, final decision regarding selection of such candidates will be taken by the Board, in light of relevant rules which shall be binding.
- Any candidate having his/her qualification other than as prescribed, shall not be eligible for posts advertised in this notification.
- Reservation/Horizontal Reservation for various categories, wherever applicable and admissible, would be as determined & communicated by the Indenting Department, in accordance with the provisions of SRO 294 dated 21-10-2005 and S.O 127 dated 20-04-2020.
- A candidate seeking his/her consideration under Reserved Categories must ensure that he/she possess a valid (Category) Certificate as on the Cut Off Date.
- Candidates may note that their candidature will remain provisional till the genuineness of the Reserved Category Certificate is verified by the Appointing Authority.
- Candidates are cautioned to note that in case a claim for reservation is made on the basis of false/fake/fraudulent certificate, he/she shall be debarred from the examination(s) conducted by the Board, in addition to any other action as may be deemed appropriate.
HORIZONTAL RESERVATION (wherever applicable under rules):
a.) The Horizontal Reservation for Ex-Servicemen and Physically Challenged Persons to the extent as communicated by Indenting Department shall be applicable. The Horizontal Reservation means the reservation which would cut across the vertical reservation and the persons selected shall have to be placed in the appropriate category by making necessary adjustments. In respect of Physically Handicapped persons, the reservation shall be available only for services, posts and type of disability identified for the purpose by the competent authority.
b.) In terms of S.O. 361 dated 20.10.2021:
i) The Horizontal Reservation as per rules shall be maintained for the available vacancies and provided to the Ex-Servicemen for the direct Recruitment posts borne on subordinate service under the Government, which carry the pay of and up to the Level 6E (35900-113500).
ii) An Ex-Serviceman on joining any post after having availed Horizontal Reservation, cannot avail of the benefit of the reservation as Ex-Servicemen for any subsequent
iii) An Ex-Serviceman shall be required to produce a certificate in form-XIV duly signed by the competent authority as provided in the rule 18 of Jammu and Kashmir Reservation Rules, 2005.
iv) In case sufficient numbers of candidates belonging to the Ex-servicemen are not available on the basis of General standard to fill all the vacancies reserved for them, candidates belonging to the category of Ex-servicemen may be selected under the relaxed standard of selection to make up the deficiency in the reserved quota subject to the condition that such relaxation will not affect the level of performance by such.
c.) Permissible Disabilities for PwD Candidates:
The suitability of Disabilities/eligibility of Persons with Disabilities for these posts under Horizontal Reservation shall be governed by the extant rules/regulations.
a.) Fee payable: Rs.550/-(Rupees Five Hundred and Fifty only) for General Category etc. and Rs.450/- (Rupees four Hundred and Fifty only) for SC, ST, PWD & EWS Categories.
b.) Fee can be paid only online through Net Banking, Credit or Debit cards.
c.) Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
d.) All the disputes related to refund of excess payment, if any, are subject matter of the J&K Service Selection Board. Candidates are advised to apply for refund of excess payment, if any, through official e-mail [email protected] only. No chargeback request shall be entertained.
CENTRE OF EXAMINATION:
The J&K Services Selection Board shall notify the Venue /Centre(s) of examination separately. No representation/request for change in this regard shall be entertained, whatsoever be the reason.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
a.) The Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice Questions. The questions will be set in English Language only.
b.) There will be Negative Marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
c.) Marks scored by candidates in written test will be normalized to determine final merit and cut-off marks.Full Job Notification Apply Now