IIT Jammu invites applications from well qualified Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Foreign Nationals having passion for teaching and research for the following faculty positions at the level of Associate Professor, Assistant Professor (Grade I), Assistant Professor (Grade II) and Visiting Professor/ Retired Professors (on contract only), for its various academic programs. This is a rolling advertisement and there is no last date. Usually all the applications shall get processed as soon as they are submitted at the portal. However, the applications received by the 15th March, 2018 will be considered in the present round of selection process. All the applications received after 15th March, 2018 shall be considered in the next round of scrutiny.
Pay Level/Pay Band
Minimum Basic Pay: Rs.139600/- (Academic Pay Level 13A2 and Cell 1 of the Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission)
Assistant Professor (Grade I)
Minimum Basic Pay Rs.101500/- (Academic Pay Level 12 and Cell 1 of the Pay matrix of 7th Pay Commission)
Assistant Professor (Grade II)
Minimum Basic Pay Rs.57700/- or 68900/- (Academic Pay Level 10 or 11 and Cell 1 of the Pay matrix of 7th Pay Commission)
Visiting Professor/ Retired Professors (on contract) (upto 70 years of age) from CFTIs
IIT Jammu shall be able to provide the best possible remunerations and support for such faculty members as per the regulations of the Institute.
HRA and other allowances will be as per the Central Government Rules. Pay Scale/Pay Band is as per 7thCentral Pay Commission (CPC).
Qualified Persons include:
(a) Indian Nationals (Institute specifically encourages applicants from SC/ST/OBC category as well as persons with disability to apply for these positions),
(b) Foreign Nationals, who are “Persons of Indian Origin” (PIO) or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI); in whose case, if selected, permission will be sought from the Govt. of India before he/she can join IIT.
(c) Other Foreign Nationals (not covered in (b)), in whose case, if selected, appointment will be on a contract basis for up to 5 years subject to permission from the Govt. of India before he/she can join IIT.
(d) Retired Professors from other CFTIs shall be expected to provide enthusiastic mentorship to young faculty and staff members in policy formulation and also for adoption of best practices. The applicant is expected to have proven teaching, research and administrative record.
- CHEMISTRY: All areas of Chemistry and related areas.
- CIVIL ENGG.: Environmental: Water and Waste Water Engg., Air Pollution Control Engg., Solid and Hazardous Waste Engg., Geotechnical: Geotechnical Engg., Rock Machanics, Rock Engg., Structures: Structural Engg., Construction Materials, Construction Management, Transportation: Transportation and Traffic Planning, Transportation and Traffic Engg., Pavement Engg., , Water Resources: Water Resources Engg. and Related Areas.
- COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGG.: High Performance Computing and Visualization, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Wired and Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing and Machine-to-Machine(IOT), Algorithms & Complexity, Logic & Verification, Information Management, Data Science & Big Data, Computer Vision, Graphics & Robotics, Programming Languages, Semantics, Analysis & Language Implementation, Distributed & Multicore Computing, Operating Systems and Cloud Computing, Cryptography and Systems Information Security, Human Computer Interaction, Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, VLSI and Design Automation.
- ELECTRICAL ENGG.: In all areas of Electrical Engineering including Electronics & Circuits, Control & Automation, Communication, Computer Engineering, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Machines & Drives.
- HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES: Economics, English (Literature), Linguistics, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science.
- MATERIAL SCIENCE & ENGG.: All current emerging areas of Material Science with emphasis on Engineering.
- MATHEMATICS: All areas of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, Probability and Statistics.
- MECHANICAL ENGG.: Mechanical Design, Production Engg., Industrial Engg. & Thermal Engg. (For more details about specific areas visit http://mech.iitd.ac.in) & Materials Science and Engineering, Design Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics and interdisciplinary areas of Mechanics including but not restricted to Biomechanics, Multifunctional materials, Solid – Fluid interaction, Naval Architecture etc.
- PHYSICS: All Areas of Physics.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITIONS LISTED IN TABLE I & II:-
Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree with consistently good academic record throughout.
• Associate Professor: A minimum of 6 years Teaching/Industry/Research experience after Ph.D, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor (Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer).
• Assistant Professor (Grade I): At least 3 years relevant industrial/research/teaching experience after Ph.D, excluding however, the experience gained while pursing Ph.D. Candidates preferably should be below 35 years of age.
• Assistant Professor (Grade II): The exceptional candidates lacking the experience for direct recruitment as Assistant Professor (Grade I) may be put on tenure track as an Assistant Professor (Grade II). They will be considered for the regular post of Assistant Professor (Grade I) after obtaining the desired experience. Candidates preferably should be below 35 years of age.
• Visiting Professor/ Retired Professors (on contract): Retired Professors (upto 70 years of age) from CFTI may also apply. IIT Jammu shall be able to provide the best possible remunerations and support for such faculty members as per the regulations of the Institute.
THE FOLLOWING ARE APPLICABLE FOR THE POSTS MENTIONED IN TABLE-I:
- Start-up seed grant of up to Rs.20.00 lakhs to develop the necessary research capability in the area of his/her expertise and to support the significant progress made towards the research goals set for oneself. The Institute also provides an additional grant of Rs. 30,00,000/-(Rupees thirty lakh only) as matching grant to build new capability /high-value research facilities into emerging areas via special project funding from external agencies. These are to be availed within 3 years of joining. The strategic goal of this fund is to aim for winning bigger projects.
- A cumulative Professional Development Allowance of Rs. 3 lakhs for every block period of 3 years is available to every member of the faculty to meet the expenses for participating in both National and International Conferences, paying the membership fee of various professional bodies, books and periodicals and contingent expenses.
- Reimbursement of telephone bills as per Institute rules.
- There is provision for payment of relocation allowance to faculty joining the Institute from abroad or from elsewhere in India as per Institute rules, details of which are available on the Institute website
[button color=”red” size=”medium” link=”https://apply.iitjammu.ac.in/uploads/faculty_recruitment.pdf” icon=”fa-file-pdf-o” target=”true”]Full Notification[/button]
[button color=”green” size=”medium” link=”http://iitjammu.ac.in/” icon=”fa-external-link” target=”true”]Apply Now![/button]