GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE JAMMU
ADVERTISEMENT NO.7/AHJ OF 2023 DATED:17/10/2023
ADVERTISEMENT NOTICE FOR ENGAGEMENT OF MEDICAL OFFICER
Posts : 60
Applications on plain paper (Typed) are invited from Jammu Division for 60 No. vacant posts of Medical Officers/ Casualty Officers, Resident Medical Officers lying vacant (Non PSC) for engagement on “Academic Arrangement basis” in terms of S.O. 364 of 2020 dated 27-11-2020 initially
for a period of one year extendable up-to maximum of six years (One year at a time and subject to good performance and conduct) or till the
selection is made on regular basis in accordance with rules of Recruitment Governing the respective posts, by the PSC.
The engagement shall be subject to other terms and conditions as specified in the Jammu and Kashmir Medical and Dental (Appointment on Academic Arrangement basis)
2020. This is without any prejudice to any writ petition lying pending before any Hon’ble Court of law:-
Condition & Eligibility are as under:-
Registration of Medical Council of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir / Medical Council of India is pre-requisite for the eligibility of the
1. Age – Minimum 23 years and Maximum 50 years .
2. The Non PSC doctors shall be engaged on consolidated pay equal to basic pay for the post of Assistant Surgeon in the Health Department
as per SRO-193 dated 24-04-2018 plus dearness allowance.
The selection criteria shall be strictly as per S.O 364 of 2020 dated 27-11-2020.
a) Criteria for Screening Academic career (MBBS= passed all examination at the first attempt = 40 marks)
b) For each attempt 3 marks shall be deducted.
c) Distinction Scholarship, Honours Medals and certificate ((upto maximum of 5 marks) .
d) House Job experience in a teaching institution (05 marks)
e) Experience certificate. (05 marks)
(Rural service experience as Medical Officer (17 on PSC) under NHM and other medical scheme of Govt. of India), Minimum one year
experience shall be considered for giving marks, 01 year = 01 marks)
f) Postgraduate Degree (Maximum 05 marks)
For MD/MS/DNB = 05 marks For Diploma Course 2.5 marks
g) Professional Publication in a standard Medical Indexed Journal (02 marks for each Publication) = 10 marks
Pre Award Roll Merit:- Out of 70
Viva Voce :- Out of 30 points by the committee members
Total 100 Points
1. The candidates are advised to enclose the attested true copies of the following documents with their application forms which should reach
in the office of the undersigned by or before 31/10/2023.
1. Attempt Certificate of all examinations of MBBS of any other qualification issued by the University.
2. Distinction /Honour /Medal/Academic Merit Certificate, if any,
3. Post -Graduate Degree/Diploma Certificate.
4. House Job experience in any teaching institution.
5. Experience certificate
(Rural service experience as Medical Officer (non PSC) under NHM and other medical scheme of Govt. of India, minimum duration –
6. Date of Birth Certificate
7. Domicile Certificate
8. Affidavit duty attested from 1st class Magistrate stating that the doctor is not in active Govt Services/ Certificates are genuine and is
not involved any Criminal activity.
9. The application of any Medical officers working in any other Medical college in the state shall be accepted only on production of “No
objection certificate” form the concerned Head of the institution.
The eligible candidates shall have to appear before the selection Committee to be constituted under S.O. 364 of 2020 dated 27-11-2020 by
the Government under the Chairmanship of Commissioner/Secretary to Govt., Health & Medical Education Department, at Government Medical
College, Jammu along-with all original testimonials and other related documents at the time of Interview.
The date of interview shall be notified separately.
No. TA DA shall be given to the candidates appearing in the interview.
1. The preference shall be given to candidate possessing Higher qualification such as DNB/ MD/MS/ Diploma or experience in Rural Service or House Job,
2. The selected candidates shall have to enter into an agreement that they wilt not leave the department before the completion of one year’s
contract. Terminating of the arrangement as the case may be will require one month’s prior notice on either side failing which one month’s
salary shall not be paid and no experience certificate shall be given.
3. The selected candidate shall be given extension subject to good performance and conduct.
4. The maximum period of engagement shall be initially for a period of 01 year extendable upto maximum of 06 years subject to good performance/ conduct. It is not extendable beyond 06 year under any circumstances.
This advertisement is also available on our website wwvv,gmcjammu.nic.in
Last Date to Apply: October 31, 2023