Source: Ms. Faiza
- Ethics is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality — that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice, etc.
- The word Ethics has come from the word “ethos” which means manners or character.
- ¨The field of ethics involves systematizing, defending, and recommending concepts of right and wrong behavior.
- ¨Ethics is also defined as a set of principles or values concerning proper conduct. It is therefore a science of morals.
- ¨In Greek, ethikos (as ethics is known in Greece) signifies character, norms, ideals, morals, etc prevelant in a society.