Department of Food Civil Supplies And Consumer Affairs Jammu and Kashmir Jobs 2021 – Member – 1 Vacancy – Apply Now
|Company Name||Department of Food Civil Supplies And Consumer Affairs Jammu and Kashmir Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||Member – 1 Jobs|
|No of Posts||20 Posts|
|Job Location||Jammu Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||18/03/2021|
Applications are hereby invited from suitable and interested candidates for being considered for appointment to the post of Member-I, District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (District Commission) in different Districts of Jammu & Kashmir in terms of Section 28 of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019, read with the rules framed there under issued vide G.S.R 452(E) dated 15-07-2020 against the available vacancies.
Advertisement No. 01 -FCS&CA
- Name of the Post: Member – 1
- Total vacancies of Member-1: 20 (twenty) @ one in each District Commission.
- Qualification:- The applicant should- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University; Be person of ability, integrity and standing, and having special knowledge and professional experience of not less than 15 years in Consumer Affairs, Law, Public Affairs, Administration, Economics, Commerce, Industries, Finance, Management, Engineering, Technology, Public Health or Medicine.
- Disqualification:- The applicant shall be disqualified for appointment as a Member, if he/she
- Has been convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for an offence which involves moral turpitude; or
- Is adjudged to be insolvent, or
- Is of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent court, or
- Has been removed or dismissed from service of the State Government or the Central Government or a body corporate owned or controlled by such Government; or
- Has, in the opinion of the State Government, such financial or other interest as is likely to affect prejudicially the discharge by him/her of his/her functions as a member.
- Declaration of Financial and other interest- A Member before entering upon his/her office shall declare his/her assets and liabilities.
Terms and Conditions
- The appointment is subject to submission of an undertaking by the candidate that he/she does not and will not have any such financial or other interest as are likely to affect prejudicially his/her functions as Member of the District Commission.
- The Member shall receive salary and allowances and their terms and conditions of services shall be as per the rules notified by the Government in this regard.
- The Member of a District Commission shall hold office for a term of four years or upto the age of 65 years whichever is earlier.
- Every appointment of a Member shall be subject to submission of a certificate of Physical fitness signed by a Civil Surgeon or Chief Medical Officer to his/her medical fitness.
Selection Procedure :
If shortlisting of candidates is resorted to, the Selection Committee may invite such number of candidates for Viva / interaction as it deems appropriate.
How to Apply :
Last date for acceptance of Applications — 18/03/2021
a) Applications shall be submitted only digitally through an e-mail by attaching the duly filled application form in PDF format at the given e-mail address:- [email protected]
b) The Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs, Government of J&K, shall duly acknowledge the receipt of every application through a return mail.
c) A fee of Rs. 2000/- (Two Thousand only) per application has to be deposited through Government of J&K’s Treasury under Scheme code 04080110100990383(under the classification Receipt Head-0408,Sub Major Head-01, Minor Head-101, Group Head-0099 & Sub Head-0383). The receipt of Treasury Fee shall be the only enclosure to be attached with the duly filled application form in PDF.
d) It is clarified that multiple applications have to be submitted in case a candidate wants to apply for multiple District Commissions. Separate Fee is to be submitted for each application.
e) Candidates are not required to submit any document along with the Application Form, except for the receipt of Treasury Fee. Original documents/testimonials will be seen only when specifically called for Viva or interaction with the Selection Committee, at a later stage.
f) The procedure for appointment shall be in consonance with Rule 6 (Procedure for appointment) of the Consumer Protection (Qualification for appointment, method of recruitment, procedure of appointment, term of office, resignation and removal of the President and members of the State and District Commission) Rules, 2020.
g) The above mentioned shortlisting criteria, however, shall not be binding upon the Selection Committee while recommending its panel of candidates to the government. As per rule 6(9) of the Consumer Protection (Qualification for appointment, method of recruitment, procedure of appointment, term of office, resignation and removal of the President and members of the State and District Commission) Rules, 2020, the Selection Committee shall make its recommendations of suitable panel after taking into account the suitability, record of past performance, integrity and adjudicatory experience of the candidates.