UNIVERSITY OF KASHMIR
Office of the Dean Academic Affairs
ADMISSION NOTIFICATION No. 3 of 2015
On-line Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for appearing in Entrance Test (KUET) for admission to the below mentioned Programmes for the academic session 2015.
I) Masters Programme in: Arabic, English, Hindi, Kashmiri, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Persian, Sanskrit, Urdu, Commerce, Education, M. Ed., M.P.Ed., Economics, History, Islamic Studies, Kashmir & South Asian Studies, Mass Communication & Journalism, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Bioresources, Clinical Biochemistry, Zoology, Computer Applications, Electronics & Instrumentation Technology, Home Science (Dietetics & Clinical Nutrition, Food Science & Nutrition, Extension & Communication and Human Development), Food Science & Technology, Information Technology, Chemistry, Disaster Management, Environmental Science, Geography, Applied Geology, Geo-Informatics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, LL.M. Bachelors Programme in: Law (LLB 3 years), BA-LLB (5 years) and B.Pharm.
II) Eligibility: Candidates having passed the qualifying examination with the required percentage and subject combinations as given below are eligible to apply for appearing in KUET. However, those candidates who have appeared in qualifying examination and are awaiting for final year results, can also apply at their own risk and responsibility:-
MSW, MCA, M.Sc. IT
Open Merit 50% || Reserved Categories 45%
M.Sc. Biotechnology, LL.M., and M.Ed.
Open Merit 55% || Reserved Categories 50%
All Other programmes
Open Merit 45% ||Reserved Categories 40%
Other eligibility for various Programmes offered by the University are available on the University Website under the link Admissions 2015.
III) Important dates:
Submission of On-line Forms From 6th May, 2015
Last date of submission of On-line/Hard Copy of Application Forms in respect of Reserved Category candidates 16th May, 2015
Conduct of Entrance Examinations (tentative) 25st May, 2015
IV) Submission of On-Line Application Forms: The candidates are advised to follow the following steps for filling their On-Line Application Forms.
Step-1: Visit http://www.kashmiruniversity.net or www.kashmiruniversity.ac.in and click on Link Admissions 2015. Read Important Instructions for Registration and Submission of Form carefully before proceeding further.
Step-2: Candidate need to register him/herself before submitting the Online Application Form. For Registration with the System Click on the Register as Student link. Remember the Username and Password for future reference.
Step-3: After successful Registration, Login into the system for submitting On-line Application Form. Enter your Registration No. and Click Search (if already registered with University of Kashmir your particulars/exams. passed will appear from database automatically). Otherwise enter all details yourself.
Step-3: Select the desired Programmes and Campus/College Preferences and Upload your latest passport size photograph and specimen signature.
Step-4: Preview the Form displayed on the screen. If details are correct, click on Submit. If there is any variation click on Previous button, make corrections and then Submit. Get a printout of the Form and note the ID for future reference.
Step-5: Deposit the Entrance Test Fee of Rs. 500/- upto two Programmes (plus Rs. 10/- Bank charges) and Rs. 250/- for each subsequent Programme, through Online mode or against the Bank Pay-in-Slip generated with the Application Form, in any of the branches of the J&K Bank Ltd. across the Country.
V) Submission of downloaded Application Forms (Hard copy):
- The Open Merit candidates after submitting their On-Line Application Form need not to submit hard copy and must keep Hard Copy of the Application Form with them for reference. Fee Deposition and Fee reconciliation shall be treated as Form submission.
- However, the candidates applying under any Reserved Category shall submit the hard copy of their Application Forms alongwith reserved category certificate only at the Admission Helpline Counter at Humanities Block (Ground Floor), University of Kashmir. The candidate shall get the Original Reserved Category Certificate alongwith them for on spot verification.
- The Reserved Category candidates residing at Leh, Kargil, Gurez, Tangdhar and outside Kashmir Division/J&K State, can submit their On-line Application Form alongwith all documents through e- mail to [email protected] or through Speed Post to the Assistant Registrar, Academic Affairs, University of Kashmir, Hazratbal-190006.
VI) Additional information:
- The candidates must check the status of their Application Forms after five days of online submission of Application Form. In case, acceptance of Application Form is not uploaded or fee reconciliation is pending, the candidate should contact the concerned Branch of J&K Bank, where he/she has deposited the Entrance Fee. They may also attend the Admission Helpline Counter at Humanities Block (Ground Floor), University of Kashmir, alongwith Application Form, Fee Receipt, and all other documents, two days after the last date of submission of Application Forms. Thereafter, no claim, whatsoever, will be entertained by the University.
- The candidates are advised to regularly login to their Profile by using Log-in and Password for necessary instructions and updates.
- Submission of Application Forms and appearance in the Entrance Test is subject to determination of eligibility for admission to the Programme by reference to the Admission Policy which shall be issued separately.
- The detailed Date Sheet for conduct of Entrance Test shall be issued separately.
- Detailed Admission Policy and other eligibility conditions shall be issued separately.
- After completing the admission process for General category/s seats, the notification for Self Financed Seats shall be issued. However, only those candidates shall be considered for admission in Self Financed Seats Category, who have appeared in the Entrance Test of the subject.
- The admission notification for MBA, MFC, IMBA, MCME, MTHM, B.Tech, M.Pharm, PG Diplomas, Diplomas and Certificate Courses shall be issued separately.
For any further query/ information the candidates are welcome to contact University on following numbers:
- Office of the Dean Academic Affairs: Direct Numbers : 0194-2272008, 0194-2272007
- Assistant Registrar (Academic Affairs): 0194-2272009, Public Relation Officer: 0194-2272172,2272188
- Email ID: a[email protected], [email protected]