University of Jammu invites application for the position Assistant Professor etc. Read details, eligibility criteria mentioned below for the vacancy and eligible candidates can submit their application directly to University of Jammu before 2018-02-15
|University of Jammu Recruitment 2017||Details|
|Job Role||Assistant Professor|
|Education Requirement||Any Post Graduate, MPhil/PhD|
|Total Vacancy||14 Posts|
|Salary Range||Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100/- Per Month|
|Experience||3 – 5 years|
|Last Date To Apply||2018-02-15|
Qualification in Details:
1. Post Name: Assistant Professor & Rs. 15600-39100
2. DEPARTMENT: Geography -01, Hindi -01, Punjabi (DDE) -01, Political Science -01, Psychology -01, Remote Sensing & GIS -01, Sanskrit -03, Statistics -01, Bhaderwah Campus -03, Physics -01.
3. Qualifications: i Good Academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. ii NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers (Assistant Professors) in University. iii Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in compliance of the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions
Application Fee: Prescribed application forms and other details like required qualifications etc. can be obtained from Assistant Registrar (Forms and Stationery), University of Jammu, Jammu from 04.12.2017 personally on payment of Rs. 1330/- or by sending crossed Indian Postal order or Bank Draft worth Rs. 1400/- (if required by post) drawn in favour of the Registrar, University of Jammu, Jammu-180006 encashable at Jammu Post Office/Bank as the case may be.
Other General Condition
1. For general information, it may be pointed out that in the University Teaching Departments, the medium of instruction and examination is in English in all subjects except in Sanskrit and modern Indian languages where the medium of instruction and examination is in the language concerned.A relaxation of 5%may be provided at the graduate and master’s level for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently-abled (physically and visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in appoint scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace marks procedures.
2. If the number of applications received for any post is large, the University reserves its right to place reasonable limit on the total no. of candidates to be called for interview. Short listing of the applicants shall be made on the basis of criteria to be fixed by the University before interview such as higher academic qualifications, experience, publications and other academic credentials of the candidates or by conducting a written test. The candidates finally approved by the Vice -chancellor shall only be invited for interview. The interview letters shall be sent “UNDER REGISTERED/SPEED POST”. HOWEVER THE UNIVERSITY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POSTAL DELAY/LAPSE.
3. Applications by Government servants should be sent through the Administrative Authority concerned. In the case of the University Teachers/Employees, through the Registrar of their respective University and in the case of persons employed in the private firms and Institutions through the Head of the firm/institutions concerned. APPLICATIONS NOT ROUTED THROUGH THE RESPECTIVE CHANNELS ARE LIABLE TO BE REJECTED. However such candidates are advised not to wait for the last date and an advance copy may be sent at the earliest followed by application through proper channel
Address For The Job
FIRST FLOOR, NEW ADMINISTRATIVE BLOCK, UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU, JAMMU (TAWI)- 180006, J&K
(a) Academic Record and Research Performance (50%) (b) Assessment of Domain Knowledge and Teaching Skills (30%) (c) Interview performance (20%)
Application form with recent passport size Photograph pasted (not pinned) in the space provided in the form and accompanied with attested copies of qualification certificates, testimonials, publications etc. BE SENT ONLY THROUGH REGISTERED POST TO THE ASSISTANT REGISTRAR (Teaching Wing), FIRST FLOOR, NEW ADMINISTRATIVE BLOCK, UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU, JAMMU (TAWI)- 180006, J&K STATE SO AS TO REACH ON OR BEFORE 15.02.2018.