We have already shared 100 Most Expected Questions in JKSSB : Jammu and Kashmir General Knowledge. Today, we are going to share 100 Questions under the Section “Tourist and Historical Places of J&K”. This is once again a scoring option in any competitive Examination especially in JKSSB. The questions have been curated intelligently which comprises of previous question papers and expected questions.
This Section has been divided into four sub Sections. Go through each one of them.
(I) Tourist and Historical Places of J&K
1) Who was the First European to visit Ladakh?
2) Which Organization looks after the Tourism sector in J&K ?
3) When was JKTDC established?
4) The City of Jammu is popularly known as?
5) Which of the places in known as the “Gateway to the Kashmir valley”?
6) Who looks after the Management of Mata Vaishno Devi Temple?
7) Which Place in J&K is known as “Chhota Kashi”?
8) The fort located on the hill in the vicinity of Rajouri town, constructed by Mughal Emperor Jahangir ?
9) Which of the following places in known as “Chhota Kashmir?”
10) Which ruler built an outer wall of the fort Hari Parbat and planned a New Capital called ‘Nagar Nagor’ to be built with in the wall?
11) Who renovated the Bhimgarh fort ?
12) Bahu Fort in Jammu has the shrine of ?
13) Origin of the name ‘Patnitop’ is a distortion of the original name of ‘Patan da talab’ refers to as?
14) Where the world famous Tulip garden is situated?
15) Amar Singh Palace built by Raja Amar Singh, A dogra King, which is now converted into a museum, located in banks of which river?
16) Which place is popularly known as Meadow of Flowers?
17) Which is the only domed mosque in Srinagar ?
18) The resort known for its golf course, the highest in the world?
19) To which Hindu God, is Martand Sun Temple attributed?
20) Martand Sun Temple was built by ?
21) Which place in popularly known as ‘Venice of East’ ?
22) Which of the regions has been called the “Paradise of the Indies”?
23) Which of the lakes in the largest of the high altitude lakes in the Trans Himalayan Region, entirely with in India?
24) Which place is known as “Moon Land”?
25) Which place in known as “Land of Lamas” ?
26) Hemis Monastery in south east of leh was established by?
27) Which sikh guru visited the gurudwara situated in the Hari Parbat fort?
28) Which fort is popularly known as “Reasi fort”?
29) Jahangir built the Shalimar temple in Srinagar for ?
30) Which monastery has a statue of Shakyamuni Buddha?
31) Panch Bakhtar Temple, one of the oldest temples of Jammu is attributed to which Hindu deity?
32) Over which hills, shrine of Mata Vaishno devi is located?
33) Who started the Construction of Raghunath Mandir ?
34) Shahdra-Sharief in Rajouri has the shrine of ?
35) For which Hazratbal shrine is famous for?
36) Under the rule of which king, construction of Raghunath temple completed?
37) Which temple is also known as Takht E-Suleman?
38) Who constructed the Hari Parbat fort in Srinagar?
39) Who built Chashma i Shahi ?
40) The First fortification of Hari Parbat was constructed by ?
41) Who constructed the Shankaracharya temple ?
42) Who established the Nagal Sahib gurudwara of Poonch ?
43) Hari Parbhat has the Shrines of ?
2) Makhdoom Sahib, Shrine of Hamza Makhdoom
3) Gurudwara Chatti Patshahi
44) Which sikh guru is believed to occasionally visit the Hari Parbat?
45) What are the other names for Hari Parbat?
46) Who built stone stairs at the Shankaracharya temple ?
47) Who built Shalimar Bagh ?
48) Who built Nishat Bagh ?
49) Who built the Amar Mahal (Hari Palace)?
50) On the banks of which river, Hari Niwas is located?
[button color=”green” size=”medium” link=”https://www.aeiro.com/100-most-expected-questions-of-jkssb-tourist-and-historical-places-of-jk/2″ icon=”fa-forward” target=”true”]Question #51 – 100[/button]