Maximum Marks: 100
Semester Examination: 70
Internal Assessment: 30
Introduction to Finance: concept, principles that form the basics in financial management, scope, goal of the firm; Time value of money- future value and present value computation, comparing P.V. with F.V, Use of Excel Spread Sheets for P.V. and F.V computation; Cost of Capital- concept, significance, determining cost of specific sources of capital, the weighted average cost of capital.
Capital Investment Decisions: concept and types of capital expenditures, capital budgeting process, Estimation of Cash Flows for investment analysis, Capital budgeting decision criteria:-pay-back period and post pay-back method, present value and net present value method, internal rate of return: Introduction to risk in capital budgeting.
Capitalization-Meaning, Significance, theories of capitalization, over and under capitalization; Capital Structure and Leverage- concept, factors affecting capital structure, relevance of capital structure –net income approach and traditional approach , Irrelevance of capital structure-net operating income approach and MM hypothesis: Agency costs-another equilibrium theory of optimal capital structure, EBIT EPS analysis, Indifference point computation; Financial and Operating Leverage, Analysis and impact of leverage.
Dividend Decision & Value of Firm: Purpose of dividend decision, objectives of dividend policy, different dividend policies, forms of dividends, Dividend relevance theories: Walters Model, Gordon’s Model; Dividend relevance M M Hypothesis; managing shareholders value-value drivers, economic value added and spread sheet approach for valuing companies, corporate dividend behavior and value of firm.
Note:-This paper shall have 60% numerical and 40% theoretical questions
1. Copeland, T.E.“Financial theory and corporate policy”, Pearson Education, New Delhi.
2. James, Van Horne, “Financial management policy”, Pearson Education, New Delhi
3. Arnold G. “Corporate Finance”, Pearson Education, New Delhi.4. Berk J. “Financial Management”, Pearson Education, New Delhi
5. Keown A.J. “Financial Management” Prentice Hall Of India
6. Pandey I.M., “Financial Management” Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
7. Chandra, P “Financial Management” Tata Mc- Graw Hill
8. Khan and Jain, “Financial Management” Tata Mcgraw Hill
Download PDF :