Maximum Marks: 100
Semester Examination: 70
Internal Assessment: 30
Human Resources Management; Nature, objectives and significance, Challenges facing HRM; HRM in changing role in India; functions of HRM-managerial and operative functions.
Human Resource Planning (HRP)-Concept and Process; Recruitment Search Process, Sources and methods of recruitment; Selection procedure in HRM: Concepts and Processes.
Manpower Training and Development-Concept and Objectives; methods for operatives training and Management Development Programmes; Determination of training needs .
Performance Appraisal System (PAS): Concept and needs, PAS methods, sources of employee appraisal system; Psychometric errors in employee performance ratings; Job Evaluation- nature and methods, Industrial Relation, concepts, conditions and causes for good and poor industrial relations, Grievance Mechanism System-Concept and Procedure.
1. Fisher, Schoenfeldt, Shaw; Human Resource Management, Houghton Mifflin Company; Boston Toronto, New Jersey, 1997
2. De Cenzo, D.a and Robbins, S.p; Human Resouce Management Resource Management, 5th edition; New York, John Wiley, 1994
3. Gary Dessler, ‘Human Resource Management’, Pearson Education, 2008, Delhi
4. Monoppa and Saiyadani M, Personnel Management, 2nd Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill, 1996
5. Mufeed, S.A. Performance appraisal Management, Anmol Publications, New Delhi, 1998