Maximum Marks: 100
Semester Examination: 70
Internal Assessment: 30
International Marketing: Meaning, Nature and Importance; International MarketingOrientation: E.P.R.G. – Approach: An overview of the International Marketing ManagementProcess; International Marketing Environment. International Market Segmentation andPositioning; Screening and Selection of Markets; International Market Entry Strategies:Exporting, licensing, Contract Manufacturing, Joint Venture M & A, Setting-up of WhollyOwned Subsidiaries Aboard, Strategic Alliances.
International Product and Pricing Strategies: Product Designing: Product Standardization Vs. Adaptation; Managing Product Line, International Trade Product Life Cycle, New ProductDevelopment; Pricing for International Markets: Factors Affecting International PriceDetermination; Price Quotations and Terms of Sale.
Managing International Distribution and Promotion: Distribution Channel Strategy –International Distribution Channels, their Roles and Functions; Selection and Management ofOverseas Agents; International Distribution Logistics; Planning for Trade Fairs andExhibitions; International Promotion Mix – Advertising and other Modes of Communication.
Emerging Trends in International Marketing: Regionalism v/s Multilaterism; TradeBlocks; Important Grouping in the World; Legal Dimensions in International Marketing (Role of WTO); Marketing Research for Identifying Opportunities in International Markets.
1. Cateora, Philip R. and Graham John L.(2005). International Marketing. Tata McGrawHill Edition.
2. Terpstra, Vern and Sarathy, Ravi (2000). International Marketing. The Dryden Press,Chicago.
3. Keegan, Warren J. (7th Edition, 2002). Global Marketing Management. Pearson Education , New Delhi.
4. Kotabe Masaaki and Helsen Kristiaan (2nd Edition, 2001). Global Marketing Management. John Wiley & Sons (Asia) Pte Ltd.
5. Onkvisit, Sak and Shaw, John J. (2004). International Marketing: Analysis and Strategy, Edition, Prentice Hall.
6. Varshney, R. L. and Bhattacharya, B. (2001). International Marketing: An Indian Perspectives. Sultan Chand, New Delhi.